Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Introduction to my blog!

March 20, 2012

I have been restoring a 1957 MGA roadster for about 10 years or so.  I bought it around 2001, and finally started work on it about 2005 or so.  I finally got it running and more or less "done" in the spring of 2011.  The restoration is never really done, though - you can always find a project!  (Unless you have a 10 point concours car that you are too scared to drive, and where's the fun in that?)  I love the car, it's really fun to drive, and simple to work on.  A few years ago, I had a blog that I had been keeping - a "restoration diary" - but when Fairpoint took over from Verizon, I lost access to that page.  Here I will try to record some interesting things as I continue in my MGA ownership journey.  For example, I have learned a lot more about SU carburetors than I ever thought possible, and should probably record some of what I now know for my own benefit, and for any others who might be interested.  I spend a lot of time on the community boards at www.mgexperience.net, www.mgcars.org.uk.  There are many MGA websites, but www.MGAGuru.com is the place to start anytime you are looking for anything MGA related (thanks Barney!).  Glad you stopped in - drop me a note or feel free to comment!

JIM in NH